Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    julianJ

@SANTO007 Have you tried searching for that error message online?

This may help you: http://superuser.com/questions/709515/command-not-found-when-using-sudo

• how to change categories

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

I attempted this last week. It's easier to redirect them. So category.forum.com redirects to forum.com/category/2

I pasted my configuration in another topic. Feel free to look through my topics from the last 2 weeks for one about subdomains

• Install node bb but how to change the domain

0 Votes
    36 Posts
    15k Views
    SANTO007S

OK PROBLEM SOLVED

• Help with installation

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

@SANTOSH-KUMAR Your redis is out of date. Needs to be greater than v2.4

• Update and Plugin System

-1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hi @Netto-Hikari, thanks for your feedback about our upgrade process 😄 We definitely try to make the upgrade process fluid and straightforward, but if files have been changed, then yes, there will be problems as git will not know how to handle changed files.

Re:

When it comes to upgrades, I just simply follow the docs and it always says that I have to commit the changes before.

Did you mean Step 3? As far as I know, the only thing we ask admins to do before upgrading is back up their data. If you have never changed any of the core files, git should never complain.

If this ever happens, and you are absolutely sure you didn't change anything, then you are advised to run the following:

$ git fetch # to grab the latest code (but not apply it) $ git reset --hard origin/v0.5.x # force your local files to match the NodeBB repository *EXACTLY* $ ./nodebb upgrade # then proceed with upgrade as usual

^ Hooray, more unsolicited advice from strangers on the internet 😄

After running those commands, future attempts to git pull should not have git complain.

• Inbox for Google

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    T

@psychobunny said:

I'm falling in love with some of Google's Material Design. Not everything is great in my books but I wanted to see a bit more of it in action. Downloading inbox now, thanks @luke 😉

The material design (effects) is more so in the mobile application than in the desktop interface. I was pretty disappointed as it feels smooth but still didn't really see anything that was mind blowing in the desktop. I do like the colors and the padding/margins are on point, however, its nothing new for the most part. But like I said, the mobile app is a slightly different story.

• Spotted this theme in the wild

2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    A

taaarp

:shipit:

• Who is looking forward to `Interstellar` ?

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    esiaoE

Was in the queue Thuesday for it and the man before me took the last place. So going to see it this WE.

• What editor do you use?

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    esiaoE

Sumblime Text 3 best I could find. The plugins makes it so worth it.
    Working with the base-16 eighties color scheme with space grey theme.

• Performance issues today

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Hey there -- happening here? Looks to be zippy for me right now

• 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    T

Ah okay, looks good 👍

• Firefox Developer Edition

3 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    S

@psychobunny apparently since version 31, and since we're now at 35 (at least the Aurora channel is), my rough guess was actually quite accurate 😄

• Ptengine - Analytics & Heatmaps etc.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

haha wow, and thanks for the rec, that'd be cool if they started using NodeBB 👍

• Posting from a PHP Form?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    C

@Shaun Thanks but unfortunately the RSS feed plugin seems to be having some issues (at least for me), particularly with not grabbing all posts and/or duplicating them.

I'll keep my eye on the rss thread and see if it gets any updates.

• Can't get the install done...

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    S

@a_5mith True, but honestly, it's easier to set up a quick Linux VM (and I say this as someone who is not at all a fan of Linux) and the support is far better.

• Scaling NodeBB

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    andreaperniciA

Do you have some example on how to configure the clustering with mongo @julian ?

• Do we have a news feeder ?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@meetdilip You could make one with the global header widget. 👍 Depends where the news comes from. Might be worthy of a plugin though.

• Embedding 3D models in posts

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

@a_5mith

The same origin policy would protect against most of that stuff, but I agree. Maybe having a url filter of some sort testing it against a whitelisted database which could be configure by the admins.

• [Solved] Live evaluation demo

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    David MoonD

@a_5mith said:

@David-Moon I can create you a droplet on my VPS for 7 days if all you need is admin access to NodeBB. Send me a chat message. 👍

Perfect! Thanks.

• Want to get my nodebb site going!

2 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    K

If anyone knows of anyone who's still available for helping out with this project please let me know. Thanks.