A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.1k Posts
  • SEO - Show Authors and Posts within each Topic

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Two things:

If you want it to count, it has to be visible. So no hiding the user list with a display: none; or behind a javascript tooltip (since that won't get called at all). If you show it for non-js, and hide it with js, chances are Google might detect and penalise, so even worse πŸ˜› Would this introduce too much clutter to the UI?
  • [SoS] NodeBB not running after plugin install

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    meetdilipM

Thanks @lin . Luckily I was able to uninstall it through ACP after a couple of restarts through command line and then through ACP. So nice of you to help πŸ™‚

• Social posting plugins? Did I miss one?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    kinderjajeK

I would like to see that plugin too.

• Sidebar not always loading

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

@psychobunny said:

yeah it's got some ways to go πŸ™‚ weird that the cash mod breaks Lavender, I guess I've only been testing it out on my Pewter theme though. Will look into it

tell me what i need to sacrifice to get pewters top bar with the login info to work for me πŸ™‚

have fire pit and altar of sacrifice...

lets do this! πŸ™‚

• login error

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    A

@sunqi

sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:rwky/redis sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install -y redis-server

The -y saves you having to confirm when it asks if you want to install.

• Change URL

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    frissdiegurkeF

Btw: welcome to the NodeBB community πŸ™‚
    you're welcome πŸ˜†

• Can not install plugin ! No plugin found!

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    niroN

It seems some problem of my internel network

• Migrate NodeBB from MongoDB to Redis

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

Not yet, right now we have import from phpBB, vB, and UBB using this strategy. Theoretically someone could write an exporter from NodeBB to NodeBB using this same strategy.

• Plugin crashing nodebb

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    G

@julian said:

./nodebb reset plugins will also disable all plugins.

good to know

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    N

seems the issue was solly with mongo

• 502 Proxy Error - Apache

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

forked, and lol @ doobie brothers

• Happy Mothers Day!

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

haha, meanwhile I keep several on tab. πŸ˜›

• MongoDB Error

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    N

I am also getting this issue

[ezra@kiwidev community]$ node app.js info: NodeBB v0.4.2 Copyright (C) 2013-2014 DesignCreatePlay Inc. info: This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. info: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions. info: info: Time: Mon May 12 2014 06:31:33 GMT+0400 (MSD) info: Initializing NodeBB v0.4.2 info: * using configuration stored in: /var/www/alternative-gaming/community/config.json info: * using mongo store at 127.0.0.1:28900 info: * using themes stored in: /var/www/alternative-gaming/community/node_modules Failed to load c++ bson extension, using pure JS version error: auth failed

config.json

{ "base_url": "http://community.ag-aus.org", "port": "4680", "use_port": false, "secret": "XXX", "bind_address": "127.0.0.1", "database": "mongo", "mongo": { "host": "127.0.0.1", "port": "28900", "username": "XXX", "password": "XXX", "database": "XXX" }, "bcrypt_rounds": 12, "upload_path": "/public/uploads", "relative_path": "" }
  • Gas Prices

0 Votes
    17 Posts
    5k Views
    N

$2.15 - $2.24NZD / Litre in New Zealand. So $8NZD ish / Gallon.

• Set Default Avatar

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    barisB

@fredrik said:

yes!
    thanks for implementing it.
    I asked for it about a month ago.

πŸ‘

edit:
    but its not working.
    it links the gravatar-default.png to http://i1.wp.com//uploads/gravatar-default.png -> not a valid link

Thanks should be fixed in https://github.com/designcreateplay/NodeBB/commit/1a9ab9d1d2fc273eb7875a40e7bde6d9dec7ac5c, and yes images need to be accessible on port 80 or 443.

• 3 Plug-ins you can't live without

0 Votes
    21 Posts
    7k Views
    N

A user submitted image gallery where you can comment and rate pictures. <sigh> hopefully someday.

• Oh good, another nginx topic.

0 Votes
    18 Posts
    6k Views
    A

Right, I gave up with nginx, so to save my sanity, I went with apache instead. Getting an internal server error when I add the contents of the guide.

Noticed my bind address is 0.0.0.0, so I changed 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0, but it didn't make a difference. 😞

EDIT: Sorted it, now running without port. Followed Digital Oceans own guide on setting this up and it worked first time.

Link Preview Image How To Use Apache HTTP Server As Reverse-Proxy Using mod_proxy Extension | DigitalOcean

In this DigitalOcean article, we are going to see set up Apache on Ubuntu 13 and use it as a reverse-proxy to welcome incoming connections and redirect them …

favicon

(www.digitalocean.com)

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    S

Virtualmin/Webmin/Usermin?

I'm not sure how well it will work with digital ocean though. Works well with a dedicated server though!

• More information about nodebb hosting?

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    ?

@julian I'm currently on a $5 digital ocean plan, but I'd gladly pay 50% more ($8 a month hee hee) or even 140% more ($12!) to support you guys.

• Lines not detected

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    3k Views
    F

@meetdilip

Look at the source code of the page (right-click on the page and select View Page Source). You will see something like this:

<li><p>Brackets</p> </li> </ol> <p>14 Bluefish Editor</p> <ol> <li><p>Kompozer</p> </li> <li><p>VLC Media Player</p> </li> <li><p>Maxthon Browser</p> </li>

Notice that you messed up the listing after item 13. Edit the post and you will see that you used a different list marker after 13.

If you want an ordered list, just put any number before each item and Markdown will take care of the rest. If you want a bulleted list, use a + (plus), - (minus) or ***** (asterisk) sign.