General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • What is the VPS requirements to run nodebb

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

ah nice , i am running a 2gb ram (package) cloud on digital ocean, according to you how much could it sustain at the max without having any downtimes or issues ??

• 2 level nesting is limitation?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    A

Hi, this has been covered 3 or 4 times. 😆 it's currently not possible to sub categorise, but it will be soon. Most of us use the tags anyway, they're better. 👍

• Developer Environment

1 Votes
    14 Posts
    5k Views
    L

@Scuzz Yeah it just has a popup after a certain number of saves, but you can keep using it without buying it. Definitely a good free editor.

• Show Topics at index page

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@Alankrit-Choudhary Fork the lavender theme, go to the highlighted line in this file

And add {categories.posts.topic.title} inside whatever container, small, or h tags, or a P tag. Up to you I guess.

But do note that updates to the official lavender theme will require you to do some work to get them on your forked theme.

EDIT: If you want to make the title clickable, then you could do something like

<a href="{categories.posts.topic.slug}">{categories.posts.topic.title}</a>

Add small or span as neccessary...

• Permissions

3 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    ?

@Tanner, doesn't look like it's scheduled for v0.50. However, enhanced permissions could probably be introduced as a plugin, with the potential to be integrated to core down the road depending on the code, and opinions of the forum team.

• 1 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    nitN

@planner said:

@nit said:

I need some credits for good predicting

Considering that your prediction was off by 6 goals, I don't think you've earned any 😉

I just said Germany will win not any result 😛

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • How to Change admin Login Page?

1 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@YOLO said:

so, anyone can tell me how to change admin login page?
    like example.com/blablabla?

@psychobunny said:

I think it might be possible to reroute the admin page to another URL via a plugin, but at this point your account is already compromised (due to lack of secure password), so you're already in trouble anyways...

• When changing usernames

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    P

As it says he still has 450 posts, but only posts/topics as his current username appear and searching doesn't seem to find much

can you PM us a link to his user profile? sounds like a bug, but as @baris says, all posts are tied to UID so changing username won't make a diff, but possible something else (deleting posts?) could affect that. Tried fooling around a bit on my dev env, couldn't repro so I don't really know.

• Running a private board on NodeBB

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    T

Looking forward to when we can have a "Make Forum Private" option that sets all permissions on all forums automatically so that you don't have to go about changing each one.

• Adventures in NodeBB

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    T

So does anyone have any experience running these types of things in an environment with Plesk/cPanel? I could really use a hand right now as this problem is being pervasive.

• 0 Votes
    22 Posts
    11k Views
    A

@Scuzz you could achieve half of that by using IFTTT. Tags with hashtags would need to be included by nodebb before going to twiddurrrr.

Grab the .rss link for each category, then when it's updated, push it to twitter. Instant profit. 👍

• Permalink to edit profile?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    T

@Danny said:

I have a fairly simple question - is there a permalink that will take a user to their own profile, or even better yet, to the "edit" page within their own profile?

Oh cool you can use variables. I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday with this. 👍

• How to enable Email verificatiion

0 Votes
    19 Posts
    6k Views
    meetdilipM

ping @julian @baris @psychobunny

• Restart issue is back...

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    A

The profiling is real. 😆 Real kick in the teeth that a different South American team are in the final and not brazil. Seems better than a European only final, even if I do think Germany are going to win hands down, judging by how convincingly they destroyed brazil.

Back on topic however, will test the fix out later on, catching up on 24. 😆👍

Also, this forum just got stuck loading more replies, even though they were all loaded, meant I was unable to post, submit button went light like it should, but nothing. Refresh solved it.

• ¿Está traducido al español NodeBB?

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    7k Views
    ?

@Mauricio, eso enlaces funciona de maravilla! Esperemos que haya más trabajo de traducción completado en el futuro.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

You can change login.tpl to http://pastebin.com/GpRje1Ug that should put the social logins to the left.

• Anti Spam

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@a_5mith Yeah, that was the general idea... halfway through writing my post, I feature creeped my own idea.

• Gizoogling for NodeBB

2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

rofl. this is how I talk in real life, of course.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

@carmelzim Give us a shout at [email protected] 😄