General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • How to install nodeBB on windows 7?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian "windows 4 lyf" πŸ˜† Waiting for my Pi b+ to arrive! then I'll load ubuntu on that and use it as my development board, keep the normal b model pi for XBMC. Not sure how easy it is to cluster the raspberry pi.

However for something that's made in the UK, it takes long enough to post to me...

• 0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    P

@a_5mith said:

@psychobunny

.username { font-size: 80%; }

Well that works for me ... updated πŸ˜„

• [Solved] New nodebb install running very slow

0 Votes
    22 Posts
    8k Views
    WatchopolisW

@julian pfff vestacp support is soooo bad.. instead i will create a snapshot of my droplet and then try to install the wstunnel module, if anything breaks i can revert back πŸ™‚

i will message back if it works or not

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    nikN

@velderia said:

So... As far as npm install I'm having issues pretty much the same here: https://community.nodebb.org/topic/540/-nodebb-theme-lavender-lavender-theme-for-nodebb/73 (at the bottom) but I'm not sure how to reinstall npm on the stack or if that would even help.

I guess I should be developing Node.js on linux but so far I've been dual booting and I'm thinking about investing in like a Gigabyte Brix and having two monitors side by side (or even a KVM switch). I use Windows for graphics and I like Ubuntu for developing stuff and it's kind of my dream setup to begin with.

Edit: After rolling around in bed and drinking some coffee, I manually inserted the lavender theme in the node_modules folder, removed it from the npm-shrinkwrap.json file (created a npm-shrinkwrap-backup don't worry), and tried npm install again. It seemed to work up until "[email protected]" saying "no repository field" as a warning. I had to ctrl-C because it was literally stuck there. Now I have a bunch of nice modules installed in the node_modules folder but I'm assuming not all of them to be able to get NodeBB up and running.
    Tl;Dr: npm is really not liking .tgz I think

Edit 2: I screwed up the entire NodeBB installation by typing node app too early and rushing everything. I'm going to take a break and probably upgrade the Ubuntu partition I have and do everything on there. 😞

Hmm... What's the problem you're having exactly. I've been running nodebb on a windows bitnami mean stack for a long time without any issues whatsoever. Just make sure you pick the latest BITNAMI version (sometimes they hide them in favour of older more stable releases), install git and you're off to the races πŸ™‚

• Is Adobe Flash Player Necessary?

1 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@luke Pre v30 (or maybe v29) you could move the refresh button anywhere on the toolbar, it's now fixed at the right of the Location bar. Can't be moved without addons.

• How to translate the NodeBB docs ?

0 Votes
    22 Posts
    9k Views
    A

@julian I think English is the parent repo, then translations are considered children of that one, as docs.nodebb automatically routes to /en/. That's what the documentation of your doc software says anyway. πŸ˜†

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

@julian said:

Need more info. I can't work with "not working", sorry

Look at the code above, this is what I get on the browser. I have run the ./nodebb dev but I don't get any information in the console, so kind of this is all I have.

• Woke up this morning to NodeBB not running.

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@zenkamal I have no idea, the last 3 events were editing posts, I had app running in dev mode for an hour, no issues, I then started it normally and left terminal open on the logs while I went out, came back, no issues. I'll keep an eye on it, but since enabling swap, hopefully I won't have any more issues. πŸ˜„

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    S

Cards should be fine.

• Facebook auth

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

part of the answer you can find here:

Link Preview Image changing e-mail notification content

Just as an information for someone in the future who will have the same issue. You have have to edit the config.json so that instead of http://localhost:4567...

favicon

NodeBB Community (community.nodebb.org)

• I can't setup NodeBB with LevelDB

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    unixfoxU

I was interested by LevelDB because I searched on google and on the project page, the author said that LevelDB is fast and lightweight.

• Plugin pages show 404.

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

Actually it was an update pushed in the last couple of hours which have solved the issue. At least on one of the plugins which I have tested. I hope it will be the same way on all the plugins. Thanks for your help.

• NodeBB log level

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

I have tried to browse the plugins in the hope that I would get some more information but I did not got one single line. There still have to be a way to put this in full debug mode.

• cannot login to new installation

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@Peter-Zoltan-Keresztes

That circle next to login / register means that connection to nodebb has been lost, sometimes because of a restart, sometimes because of a crash, either ./nodebb logs or running nodebb in developer mode.

• odd nginx behavior

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    L

@psychobunny yep.. i did the git pull / upgrade stuff before leaving the office... and before creating this thread : /

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    barisB

@a_5mith if you are quoting from a different topic it puts in a link to that topic but it was using the old format which is fixed now. https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/1840

• NodeBB activation email

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

@raul said:

@a_5mith are you running nodebb on port 80, without that you would need to pass the nodebb port 4567 for the nginx proxy to work, wouldn't it?

Yes. that is correct. We pass in the port (or rather, we specify the proxy_pass value directly😞

proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:4567/;
  • Is nodebb for me?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Integration is always a tricky issue, since NodeBB is a full app in and of itself.

Point your devs to our read APIs. Every link you see can be prepended with api/ to see the publically accessible API.

e.g. https://community.nodebb.org/api/topic/2010/is-nodebb-for-me/3

Obviously, protected pages will require an active session, but most of the pages are publically accessible anyway

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • FIFA

4 Votes
    112 Posts
    76k Views
    P

I'm glad this is over, so my team (spurs) can finally start buying players for the new season. Tons of talented brazilian flops available for cheap I imagine πŸ˜›

EDIT: We already bought paulinho for stupid money last year when he was worth tons coz brazil won confederations cup. sigh