Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.1k Posts
  • Why "Moderator" can't Edit Topic of Others?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Got the solution.

The option is available under Manage > Categories > Options > Access Control > Search User > Privileges.

modeoption.png

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    reaonR

Is name of that app as a secret?! lol

Ghost.org have the same service; However I need some information for own. Is it possible by Openshift or webmatrix?!

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    julianJ

As far as I know, the code for blog comments has been reworked, and should be working fine for Wordpress 🙂

• Mad ramblings about using NodeBB as a CMS...

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

It's definitely possible, as the theming for NodeBB is quite flexible. Earlier this year, I started working on a blog-like theme, based off of some designs by Randy M. Daniel: http://www.randydaniel.me/nodebb-theme

I didn't quite get it to the point of publishing it, so if you're interested in picking up where I left off, feel free!

Link Preview Image GitHub - julianlam/nodebb-theme-viridian: Blog-like theme, inspired by Randy M. Daniel

Blog-like theme, inspired by Randy M. Daniel. Contribute to julianlam/nodebb-theme-viridian development by creating an account on GitHub.

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    B

more like 24x4 hours
    Memory issues are fixed. Will start supporting more source forums soon, includng WordPress

few of you already sent me sample DBs

Use nodebb-plugin-import latest with [email protected]

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    A

The second one could probably be achieved with 3rd party tools already. The best one I can think of would be IFTTT. Each category has an RSS feed, therefore if RSS feed gets updated. Send email. Full IFTTT support would be great, I'm not sure how that would work, but being able to set up that sort of thing would be bloody brilliant. Maybe even baked into nodebb, so we can set up "tasks" similar to how stamplay.com works. Just with a betteR UI.

• Expressjs have made a few changes.

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    julianJ

I don't want to express (ha, get it) too strong of an opinion here, but I personally feel that the way the old express core team handled the Strongloop buyout was unnecessarily negative. It seems Strongloop is doing very much to make express even better, so I am all for it.

It reminds me of when Stripe assumed control (with the author's permission, of course) of the stripe-node library. Within a week, every single issue had been closed, and the documentation consolidated into stripe.com.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    macbroadcastM

killed my #ghost 😡

• Favorite post looks confusing to me

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Ah also, apparently I do have the most rep. Damn, I'm feeling the love ❤

• How to publish nodebb plugin?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

haha, that thing broke a while ago, now I just update it every time we do a minor release. should look into it when I get the time

• Plugin button doesn't show plugin page

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

git rev-parse HEAD returns aa116e6b4d2f42731729db01f28875494988a684

I've looked through the Chrome dev console in the network section and it seems that ajaxify is receiving 304: Not modified responses, and gets stuck on opacity:0. A very weird functionality. All of the elements are loaded in, but they are all invisible. Very odd.

There is an Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module error that occurs on page load in ajaxify.

Okay, I guess never mind. One of the external sources I was including was causing the problem. I removed the define call and now it's working.

• Looking for a Xenforo alternative

0 Votes
    23 Posts
    13k Views
    meetdilipM

Hello @RoldanLT , nice to see you here 👍

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    mootzvilleM

@Julien-Deloubes This is just a guess about your situation based on my own initial setup of nodebb, but you may be having issues because of linux privileges (i.e. some stuff is done with sudo and some stuff isn't). So, try this and see if it helps:

Go to the directory where your nodebb is installed and run sudo npm install Next type sudo chown -R youruser:youruser . <-- youruser is your username... Run ./nodebb setup Run ./nodebb dev and post any errors or warnings you get here...

To summarize, you'll npm install with sudo because sometimes things need to rebuild which may call out to folders/files requiring su privileges. Then, you change ownership of your entire nodebb installation directory to your username to avoid privilege issues when running ./nodebb. You re-run setup to ensure things are built properly and where they need to be. Finally, ./nodebb dev will give you some useful output as nodebb loads and if you are having routing issues it will probably log those to the console as well. So, run it that way click around, type things and do stuff to see what happens and if you are getting errors/warnings post it here.

Having said all that, I may be completely wrong, but it only takes a minute or two to try out and definitely won't mess things up. Just don't set your port to anything low (i.e.port 80) or you'll have issues because linux reserves the lower port numbers for su privileged users. Basically, stick to port 4567.

Good luck!

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@psychobunny said:

Haha woops. Didn't see it XD

I'll let you off. 🙂

• 6 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    BaerrusB

voted. nodeBB is the next generation of forum SW.

No PHP scalable NoSQL backend JavaScript

This is a no brainer!

• How to embed an HTML code in composer ?

0 Votes
    37 Posts
    13k Views
    A

Right @meetdilip

Follow the instructions I gave earlier to do another git pull, I've made some changes, to specify a height add #600 or any number in pixels to the end of your link. You only need the height, width is auto 100%.

NodeBB_-_2014-10-03_03.58.00.png

• Hey guys!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    meetdilipM

hi, Welcome to NodeBB 👍

• upgrade from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1

0 Votes
    35 Posts
    13k Views
    Hưng Thành NguyễnH

@julian never mind, I have figured out that another plugin make it unable to load.
    nodebb-plugin-cards
    So we have 2 plugin which not compatible with new version
    nodebb-plugin-cards
    nodebb-plugin-cash
    I will make a topic to inform this

• Shellshock - Remote code execution via Bash

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

@Scuzz If you have LTS, then you're fine, but 13.10 only had 9 months' of support, which ended in July. Unfortunate for us, the majority of our servers were 13.10 😦

They're all running 14.04 now, and won't change for awhile yet.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    5 Posts