General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Google Drive For Image Embed

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    X

I thought Google Drive was geared towards personal usage and sharing? Can't see this being good for public use.

• Last Edited Display Setting

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ?

@peter if you're looking to limit how long a post can be edited for, I'm not sure if that's presently possible. It would be an interesting feature, but if I recall there was need for a hook creation by the developers before enhanced user group permissions could be established

• Spam Control Options

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Already done :ninja:

Link Preview Image bundling spam-be-gone with all nodebb install, ping @akhoury, closes โ€ฆ ยท NodeBB/NodeBB@a7d028e

Node.js based forum software built for the modern web - bundling spam-be-gone with all nodebb install, ping @akhoury, closes โ€ฆ ยท NodeBB/NodeBB@a7d028e

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• The GTA V Re-release Topic.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    S

@julian said:

GTA:VC will always have a special place in my heart. Beat it 100% at least 5 times, and even learned how to drift in the cars in that game XD what a waste of my adolescence.
    ain.

+1 for Vice City being the best!

I think that I am the only person how did not enjoy GTA:V. I think it was the most overrated game to come out last year. It looked great and the maps are huge but the story lacked a lot of things. I found it hard to follow and it didn't really explain much.
    I can't even remember most of it and I only played it a year a go but I can remember a hell of a lot more of GTA: Vice City.

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    A

@julian why didn't I think of that. ๐Ÿ˜† I shall do that.

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian If that code still works, then yes, it should. I stacked 10toship with the $100 student code that a kind member offered me. ๐Ÿ˜„

• How do i install nodebb on channel file manager!

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    A

@Var1 said:

NONE OF THEM WORK ๐Ÿ˜ž !!!!!!!!!!!

Try reading the documentation.

Note: I believe vps.me requires that you install Ubuntu yourself first. I believe they only support up to 12.04, so you'd need to install the 32 bit version of that, then install NodeBB.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    J

@jimmerz213 said:
    <stuff>

So I just built a quick VM locally and followed the guides I mentioned above. Did nothing differently except I didn't install php and apache before and start ripping things out. It works flawlessly. I can only imagine at this point its something with my server and I think I may just wipe it and start clean, using nginx only instead of apache.

Thanks for looking at this stuff guys - I appreciate it.

Edit - welp, it works great now. Probably has this whole time. The URL I was using to hit the forums was set to be x.x.132.x, it had to be x.x.135.x. Hey, at least I learned a TON about nodebb and nginx ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll take it.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

You need to write a server side script to go through all the users and update their urls.

Something like the following should work.

var db = require('./database'), user = require('./user'), async = require('async'); db.getSortedSetRange('users:joindate', 0, -1, function(err, uids) { async.eachLimit(uids, 50, updateUserImage, function(err) { console.log('done'); }); }); function updateUserImage(uid, next) { user.getUserFields(uid, ['image', 'gravatarpicture', 'uploadedpicture'], function(err, userData) { // do your update here, can check current data from userData user.setUserField(uid, 'gravatarpicture', 'some_new_url', next); }); }
  • NodeBB from MyBB

0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    A

Not too sure if this is a bit late or not, but I have converted the phpBB importer to work for myBB
    https://www.npmjs.org/package/nodebb-plugin-import-mybb

Needed one for a site I am actually busy with at the moment.
    Hope this helps someone

• After Updating NodeBB crashes on login

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    V

I am attempting to update my NodeBB install (hosted on heroku) to the newest version. Initially after I upgraded I could not see the login form at all (the login page was blank except for the nav bar). After doing "$./nodebb reset settings" I can now see the login form but attempting to login results in the server crashing.

2014-11-03T07:04:57.909Z - error: ReferenceError: Password is not defined 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910265+00:00 app[web.1]: at ReplyParser.execute (/app/node_modules/redis/lib/parser/javascript.js:211:22) 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910224+00:00 app[web.1]: at /app/src/routes/authentication.js:258:6 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910227+00:00 app[web.1]: at /app/src/database/redis/hash.js:71:4 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910255+00:00 app[web.1]: at /app/node_modules/redis/index.js:1138:13 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910225+00:00 app[web.1]: at /app/src/database/redis/hash.js:42:4 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910260+00:00 app[web.1]: at ReplyParser.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/redis/index.js:309:14) 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910261+00:00 app[web.1]: at ReplyParser.emit (events.js:95:17) 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910263+00:00 app[web.1]: at ReplyParser.send_reply (/app/node_modules/redis/lib/parser/javascript.js:300:10) 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910257+00:00 app[web.1]: at try_callback (/app/node_modules/redis/index.js:573:9) 2014-11-03T07:04:57.910258+00:00 app[web.1]: at RedisClient.return_reply (/app/node_modules/redis/index.js:661:13)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please excuse me if I posted this in the incorrect section.

• Is it possible to login programmatically?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

@babaggeii The write API would contain support for API keys (and later on, access tokens), so there are plans to allow the write API to expose user-specific routes using the same user auth system as well.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    barisB

That should be fixed as well now, thanks.

• Index Title Question

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

Try your url at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ with no caching, facebook usually caches the og data.

• Bootstrap 3.3.0

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@a_5mith said:

A brand new component to replace panels, thumbnails, and wells.

Hahah, poor @psychobunny. NodeBB was designed against Bootstrap 2, and Bootstrap 3 introduced panels, which @psychobunny had already created. They looked the same too.

Now panels are going away XD

• Plugin or General Code

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ShardS

@psychobunny

With regard to the SSO module, does it also create "local" data for the user or is there an expectation that the SSO provides the horizontal and the vertical there? If it does, are there recommended methods for adding the extra fields for the user?

• Reset to default theme via config file?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    M

Worked perfectly, thanks.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    babaggeiiB

@xbenjii Brilliant! Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • Any other domain hoarders out there?

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    T

I have about 20-30 domains myself, most of them are unused and have cobwebs in the corners.