Skip to content

Technical Support

Need help with installing or configuring NodeBB? Look here.

4.7k Topics 26.1k Posts

Subcategories

• User documentation for NodeBB

44 Topics
    44 Posts
    Jay MoonahJ

One of the first important things to do after setting up NodeBB is to set up an emailer plugin. While NodeBB does include a local emailer, if your forum is particularly active we recommend using an third-party emailer such as SendGrid which provides better deliverability for sites that send a high volume of email. Setting up SendGrid in NodeBB is very easy.

Open the administrative dashboard using the 'gear' icon on your forum. Open the Extend > Plugins menu, and select the Find Plugins tab. Use the search on the right. Type 'SendGrid' and the plugin should appear -- select Install when you see it. From Installed tab on the Plugins menu, search again for 'SendGrid' and select Activate. Activating the plugin will require a restart of your forum. To restart, select the Dashboard menu and press the Restart button to the right. After NodeBB restarts, the SendGrid plugin will be active.

After you restart, there should be a item called Emailer (SendGrid) under the Plugins menu -- if you don't see this right away, try refreshing your browser.

Go to the SendGrid website, open the pricing page and scroll to the bottom. Click on the link and create your free account. Once you've confirmed your SendGrid account via email, you should be able to login to the SendGrid website. On the left side of your SendGrid dashboard, open Settings and click on API Keys. Click the button in the top right to create a new key. Make sure that the key has Full Access for Send Mail and Alerts.  When you are done, the new key to your clipboard.

Now, return to the SendGrid menu on your NodeBB admin panel. Paste the API key into the field, and save your changes. Now go back to the Dashboard to restart your forum one more time.

SendGrid should now be working for your forum.

YouTube Setting up SendGrid mailer for NodeBB

• NodeBB guides, how-to's and general tips and tricks

82 Topics
    597 Posts
    phenomlabP

@frontendjulien Always happy to help.

• 25 Topics
    196 Posts
    phenomlabP

@baris updated to 3.7.2 and now just waiting for the plugin to be updated.

• How to remove all topics and posts from database?

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    7k Views
    H

@Fastidious hehe I did feel like I was using a sledgehammer to crack a nut at the time.

• Google SSO error

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    drewD

@Fastidious That's because Twitter SSO is the WOOOOORST. It gives no email address. So you can't link it to an existing user. #fail

• Recently logged in IPs issue

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    drewD

@Fastidious Thanks for sharing the fix.

• Installing on FreeBSD, error

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    R

Ok,. I have just thought every gcc48 version would crash for you. – So everything is OK 🙂

Really love NodeBB & FreeBSD 🙂

• Github issue importer

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    R

No, it's not publically available because it doesn't meet my quality requirements for publication. I can send it to you if you're interested.

• Where does NodeBB compile templates?

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Yeah its on my todo for tjs 1.0 🙂

• 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    Charly86C

@julian,
    it 's the same thing

Internal error. Oops! Looks like something went wrong! /auth/github/callback Cannot read property '0' of undefined

is there a way to clear github related information from a user in the nodebb database ?

• Help: First Theme (Bringing Back The Blocks)

Moved
    2 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    tfraleyT

Cool @drew look forward to it, let me know if I can be of any help.

• Put on Google

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    P

yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml

It's active by default on NodeBB 🙂

• Nodebb + Nginx: port 80 problem

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    J

Thanx! 🙂

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Thanks for the update @amarinelli

• Installation errors on Openshift for v0.8.x

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ahwayakchihA

Hi,

@nhl-pl sent me link to this topic. I've just tested 0.8.x branch: installation and starting up both went smooth and i could login, visit administration panel, etc...

I followed steps described here: https://github.com/ahwayakchih/openshift-nodebb, just changed 0.7.x to 0.8.x in commands.

I tested only Redis installation, no plugins yet or anything more specific yet - just visited page, looked around and logged in.

update: uploading images to topic and as category image works ok too.

Hope it helps :).

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    H

Last update, this issue is closed.

It seems that there is an issue when I was trying to use the terminal built into the ajenti panel. I was using ajenti to try and make my life easier when I am not at home, but that turned out to be a bad idea. Anyway, everything works just fine when I ssh into my server using bitvise.

• Need HELP!!!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

You've not actually explained your issue. Please provide more detail.

• Invalid CSRF token & "Failed login attempt" errors

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    amarinelliA

Thanks @psychobunny, posted new topic here.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

I think you're right when you say probably not many people use it. Best bet - submit an issue to them and ask why it doesn't work, if they can give us a clue as to what we should do I'll be more than happy to give it a shot.

Just FYI, I don't do anything magically special on the new ACP. Went for a very clean and basic look so its unfortunate it doesn't work on this browser.

• BOOTBOX.CONFIRM ?

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    2k Views
    P

You can cancel too! 😛

• Updated to 0.8.1

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    tfraleyT

@baris said:

Link Preview Image fix #3515 · NodeBB/nodebb-theme-persona@1af39bb

Persona - A modern and responsive NodeBB theme. Contribute to NodeBB/nodebb-theme-persona development by creating an account on GitHub.

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

Thank you I was able to fix the login / register side but not really sure about the menu, Will wait on an update for the theme

Thanks

• 1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    P

Link Preview Image Configure page title layout in ACP · Issue #3547 · NodeBB/NodeBB

Would look something like this: {title} | {sitename}

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• Avatars: Allow users to upload profile images

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    tfraleyT

@baris thank you,

But when I refresh the page it still shows it off. So it's safe to consider it to still be on?